JOIN A TEAM THAT STRIVES TO SUPPORT AND INSPIRE PEOPLE AND THEIR COMMUNITY TO SMILE, WHILE LIVING THEIR BEST LIFE.
We’re building a great team here at Alan J. Wickenhauser, DDS, and we want you to be a part of it. If you are a lifelong learner who is accountable, strives to do the right thing, likes to have fun, and genuinely cares about patients and coworkers – you can find a home here.
All of our team members are important to us and vital to our mission. We provide an environment where each team member can do their best work, grow, and flourish and do so with integrity in a unique, enjoyable environment.
Are you interested in a position listed below, and want to see if working here is the right fit for you? Please complete the form below, and we will reach out to you to set up a time to discuss all in more detail.
Part Time Dental Hygienist
At Elite Dental Partners, our Clinical Teams live and operate by our shared values of:
- Continuous improvement
- & Partnership
And for our full-time hygienists, we have an attractive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- PTO (also available to part-time employees working more than 20 hours/week)
- Internal CE offerings (also available to part-time hygienists)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The dentist and the dental hygienist work together to meet the oral health needs of patients. Since each state has its own specific regulations regarding their responsibilities, the range of services performed by hygienists varies from state to state. Some of the services provided by dental hygienists may include:
- Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Capturing quality dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Ensure patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Educating patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs)
- Follows through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the attending Dentist
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Carryout infection control protocol- preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Enthusiastic communication with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies as directed by Office Manager)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or two (2) year degree required
- Registered Dental Hygienist RDH licensure required
- X-Ray Certification where state regulations specify
- Prior Experience with a dental management software – Dentrix preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be open to new ideas or change
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Proven dedication to provide high quality, comprehensive chairside care
- Ability to comply with safety procedures, rules, and regulations in order to maintain a
clean and safe working environment
- Strong working knowledge of dental terminology, equipment, and practices
- General Office Activities as Required
- Good manual dexterity
- Bend or twist their body.
- Sit/Stand for long periods of time
The above statements are intended to provide a general overview and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements. Additional duties can be assigned as determined. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.